So I know this might seem like a really strange title for a blog post - but stick with me on this one. It seems there was a resurgence of Unicorn popularity with the release in 2017 of Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino.
This drink went viral and I am not about to talk about how "unhealthy" this drink is for our health or the fact that it contains 19 teaspoons of sugar. I want to talk about adding some magic back into your life and what way can conjur up immediate imagery of that none other than Unicorns.
Even just thinking of the word whisks me straight back to my childhood where anything seemed possible.
Fortunately, there are many ways to feel enchanted even when you’re a grown up with
a family and a full time job.
Try these tips for simple changes you can make to create a more magical daily life.
1. Practice optimism. Studies show that optimists earn more money, enjoy better health, and may even live longer. Looking on the bright side is obviously strong magic.
2. Focus on gratitude. Being appreciative is also a sure fire way to experience
more happiness and success. Create a gratitude journal and write in it each
night before you go to bed with all the wonderful things that happened that day.
3. Offer forgiveness. Lighten your load by letting go of any past resentments and
disappointments. Be sure to pardon yourself as well as others.
4. Build confidence. You can accomplish more when you believe in yourself and
your abilities. Challenge your self imposed limitations and take sensible risks.
Adjust your self talk if you tend to be excessively critical.
1. Smile more. A pleasant facial expression boosts your mood and makes you
more attractive and approachable. You’ll soon collect more things to smile about.
2. Slow down. It’s difficult to savor life when you’re in a rush. Lighten your w
orkload by eliminating unnecessary tasks. Take frequent breaks while you’re working
so you can refresh your mind and restore your energy.
3. Play with your children. Believing in magic seems to come naturally when
we’re young. Let your children remind you about what it was like to believe in
Santa Claus and monsters under the bed.
4. Connect with nature. Scenic beauty and time spent outdoors can also make
you marvel at the world. Start a vegetable garden or go hiking on weekends.
5. Dress up. Making over your external appearance can affect your inner being.
See how differently you feel when you wear a new coat or get a flattering haircut.
6. Add colour. Yellow may be the colour most closely associated with happiness, but
any hue you like can have a positive psychological impact. Paint your kitchen
green or buy a purple plant for your desk.
7. Listen to music. A cheerful song can transform your day. Put together a playlist
that will make exercising and housework seem like fun.
8. Give generously. Sharing your time, talents, and resources with others
makes you feel like you have more than when you started. Volunteer in your
community and give others presents even when there’s no special occasion.
9. Continue learning. Acquiring new knowledge and skills shows you how vast
your potential to grow is. Sign up for adult education classes at a local university
or take a course online.
10. Travel somewhere. Plan an exotic vacation or explore an unfamiliar neighborhood closer to home. Travel can be expanding without being expensive.
11. Do something new. Any variation in your routine can pull you out of a rut and
stimulate your senses. Spend this weekend doing something you’ve been
wanting to try, like baking sourdough bread or something as simple as moving your furniture around in your bedroom.
Mythical white horses don’t have a monopoly on magic. While Starbucks Unicorn
Frappuccinos were only around for a few days, you can cultivate a sense of wonder that lasts for a lifetime.
Take the time to notice the small miracles that happen each day and surround yourself with love and support.
From My Heart To Yours
All it takes is the development of simple healthy habits to turn things around. It doesn't require that you follow all these crazy diet fads or get a science degree. This is stuff anyone can do. Join Deeply Nourished News to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Get the low down on what REALLY works and see what barriers you can identify in your life.